Allston Brighton Community Development Corporation (Allston Brighton CDC) seeks a Resident Services Specialist.
Allston Brighton CDC builds a stronger and more stable community by representing and supporting the expressed interests, positive engagement and leadership of Allston Brighton’s diverse local communities, institutions, individuals and families of all incomes. Today Allston Brighton CDC’s Community Investment Plan addresses critical changes in our community, focuses our role as a catalyst for stability and positions us to create healthy communities, and new opportunities for people of all incomes to engage as civic leaders and improve their lives. We are dedicated to supporting neighborhood growth that retains a diverse socio-economic population, becoming more stable with stakeholders who actively participate in ensuring its well-being. We are expanding resident participation in civic engagement around safe, healthy communities. In collaboration with our community we engage with institutional and government partners to address community-identified and community-driven needs and goals.
Allston Brighton CDC owns 506 affordable rental units in the Allston Brighton neighborhood, offering direct service support through our Resident Service program. We assist tenants in accessing resources that help them accomplish economic self-sufficiency and to become fully engaged in their community. The All Bright Community Center functions as a hub for services and as a safe haven for all households served. Through partnerships with community agencies, services and programs are available on site, removing barriers that impact residents’ ability to access much-needed resources.
The Resident Services Specialist supports the Resident Services Manager to execute programming, including but not limited to program coordination, resident recruitment and resident engagement. This position provides central support in achieving key objectives and goals for Resident Services. The Specialist provides support related to the planning and execution of events, maintenance of resident demographic data, resident intake and referrals, and the development and distribution of relevant program literature.
The Resident Services Specialist reports directly to the Resident Services Manager.
All Bright Community Center:
- Coordinate the schedule of programs at the Center
- Coordinate use of the community space
- Provide onsite support for residents and their families
- Provide onsite support for community partners
- Open and/or close the Center as necessary
- Design promotional materials for Resident Services programs and events
Resident Services/Financial Coaching:
- Engage with residents and help implement regular community-building events and activities
- Recruit residents to participate in programs, events and meetings
- Utilize Salesforce to maintain up-to-date records related to relevant program documentation, such as attendance sheets, program waivers
- Compile and submit a monthly newsletter both in print and via email to include resources, useful articles and relevant financial topics
- Manage data both demographic and programmatic in Salesforce
- Work with the Volunteer Coaching program to provide increased support and resources for residents
- Provide case management support for residents including financial coaching
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- At least one year of experience providing resident services or with case management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to work with low and moderate-income individuals and families and racially and culturally diverse communities.
- Proficiency in Spanish and English both written and oral
- Social media and marketing skills
- Residents of Allston/Brighton are preferred
All Allston Brighton CDC staff share administrative responsibility for the organization, assume new and emerging responsibilities as the organization evolves, and engage in learning opportunities to share new information and knowledge that can help inform the future of the organization.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, life/short-term disability/long-term disability insurance, three weeks’ vacation, holidays, sick leave, flexible spending account, and 401(k) plan.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to John Woods, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.