All applications should be submitted online. Go to https://www.tbf.org/who-we-are/careers and select “Senior Program Associate, The Philanthropic Initiative (TPI)” to complete our online application process. Diversity candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Title: TPI Senior Program Associate
Department: Philanthropy Group, The Philanthropic Initiative
Reports To: Senior Philanthropic Advisor
FLSA Classification: Exempt FTE: 1
Supervises: 1; Intern (possible)
TPI Senior Program Associaes serve as members of TPI’s professional staff, focusing primarily on supporting programmatic and strategic planning work for TPI clients and projects. They work collaboratively as a member of a team supporting specific TPI client engagements in designing, developing, managing and evaluating philanthropic programs and strategic plans; supporting client relationships; and researching philanthropic issues. Senior Program Associates assume increasing levels of project management responsibility for selected projects and programs. They provide occasional support to TPI marketing, communications and business development efforts (e.g., drafting proposals and preparing presentations for client prospects, drafting blog posts and other materials, researching client prospects, etc.). They play an integral role as a TPI staff member, from client engagements and knowledge development to marketing and strategic planning.
TPI provides comprehensive philanthropic consulting and program management services to individual donors, families, foundations, and corporations, and also works to promote high-impact philanthropy nationally and globally through research, writing and donor education.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Client Support/Consulting – supporting clients and TPI project teams, and working directly with clients on certain projects. Responsibilities include conducting due diligence on grant proposals; review of funding requests; tracking, monitoring and evaluation of funded projects; project management and facilitation; conducting site visits with or on behalf of clients; and development of materials to support client needs.
- Program Management and Support – providing ongoing management and support for programs and projects, including scholarship programs, college success programs and other programs that TPI manages on behalf of clients.
- Research/Writing/Program Design – including research and analysis of social issues, best practices, and model approaches; benchmarking research; community needs assessments; identifying and presenting funding opportunities, including ideas for programmatic initiatives; and preparation of briefing papers and other materials to support client needs.
- Strategic Planning and Facilitation – including interviews with key stakeholders; design and implementation of surveys of key stakeholders and grant recipients; compilation of materials for strategic planning projects; and assisting with preparation for and facilitation of planning sessions/retreats with clients.
- Event Planning and Coordination – including events connected with corporate volunteer programs, college success programs, etc.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three to five years of relevant work experience
- Helpful to have interest/experience in education, college success, and/or other social issues of interest to TPI clients
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Strong computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office products including Access, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel, as well as Internet research and database management
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, organize and manage projects with multiple components, and implement complex activities
- Able to take initiative and be resourceful; problem-solver
- Resourceful, motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Very strong attention to detail
- Strong research, writing, proofreading and basic editing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to interact well with a diverse range of people and work as part of a team
- Able to work under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Good sense of humor and willingness to be flexible
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to sit for long periods of time;
- Ability to use a keyboard for extended periods of time; and
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds, occasionally.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.