Position: Social Media and Events Manager
Reporting to : Executive Director
Start Date: March 15, 2019
Hours: 10-20 hours/week
Application Deadline: Applications reviewed on rolling basis through March 1.The Social Media and Events Manager will provide critical marketing and fundraising support for Farrington Nature Linc (FNL) via social media to increase our organization awareness, and through events promotion and implementation .
We are looking for a mission-focused, highly organized, detail-oriented, seasoned, process-minded team member with experience in social media, marketing, database management, and event planning, promotion and implementation. This person should have great people skills, emotional intelligence, and the ability to delivermeasurable, cost-effective results.
Established in the early 1900’s, our mission is to enhance the well-being of children from low-income communities through a connection with the natural world. Our 75 acres of woodlands, fields and ponds near Boston are dedicated to providing respite and inspiration for children who might not otherwise have this opportunity. We envision a world in which every child has access to nature; every child learns that nature is a powerful source of health and happiness; and every child believes that stewardship of nature strengthens communities.
We are a small but mighty, and growing, team, serving over 2,500 youth per year through summer, vacation, and afterschool programs. Learn more at our website farringtonnaturelinc.org.
Social Media/Event Promotion (40%)
- Create informative and persuasive content that supports the strategic objectives of the organization: newsletters, social media posts, advertisements, email newsletters and web content.
- Manage all event publicity (online, social media, local) to drive ticket purchases and to support org list building initiatives.
- Work closely with the Executive Director (ED) in developing themes, collateral and messaging for events.
Event Planning and Implementation (40%)
- With the ED plan creative, community events that powerfully communicate FNL’s impact and need for support.
- Oversee all event logistics (sourcing and managing vendors, event timelines, venue scheduling, auctions, etc.).
- Create and track budgets for each event and help create follow-up plan for event attendees.
- Provide administrative support to the Board Fundraising Committee as it pertains to an annual fundraiser and third-party fundraising events.
List Management (20%)
- Manage entries, reports, templates and tracking in donor database.
- Ensure information of event invitees and attendees is correctly added into the database to maintain cultivation/stewardship plans and accurate reports.
- Provide assistance with other fundraising and development tasks.
- 3+ years in marketing, fundraising or events work
- Significant experience coordinating and executing special events for a non-profit or similar type organization
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, fundraising databases (Little Green Light is a bonus), email management programs, social media platforms
- The ability to conceptualize major projects, coordinate detailed plans, solve problems, and follow through to meet deadlines
- Multitasking, shifting attention from one project to another
- The ability to communicate clearly, effectively and kindly with diverse constituencies, be self-motivated, and work independently
- Professionalism with discretion in managing confidential information
- Maturity, humility, excellent work ethic, enthusiasm, positivity, “roll-up-my-sleeves” attitude, and sense of humor
- Comfortable working in a small, shared office space
Applicants must agree to a CORI and driving records check as part of the job screening, but evidence of a criminal record is not necessarily an impediment to hiring. A copy of our CORI policy is available on request.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Social Media and Events Manager” in the
subject line. No phone calls please. Farrington Nature Linc (FNL) values the diversity of all our clients, staff, Board of Directors, and partners. By bringing diverse individuals and viewpoints together, we create more vibrant, healthy, and just communities. FNL welcomes individuals of all backgrounds and experiences regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, political belief, religion, immigration status, veteran status, class, creed, and mental or physical disability.