The Development Department at GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders (GLAD) is looking for an Intern to help raise the funds that enable GLAD to meet our goals. This is a great opportunity for someone who intends to pursue a career in event planning and wants to have an impact on issues of social justice in a very practical way. Join us and gain further experience in special events fundraising and non-profit development.
- Assist in planning, logistics and on-site support with donor receptions and fundraisers
- Assist with sponsor follow-up, on-site support, and RSVP tracking for GLAD’s largest fundraiser, the Spirit of Justice Award Dinner
- Conduct donor prospect and venue research
- Draft correspondence to vendors and donors
- Assist with mailings
- Data entry and clean-up (Salesforce)
- Other fundraising support as needed
All interns will receive extensive training in the Salesforce database and may assist with other projects. The opportunity to take a leadership role on a project is possible depending on experience and hours of availability.
The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to work in non-profit development and preferably some background in an administrative office setting. The ability to take direction, show initiative and follow through in a dynamic environment is a must. Excellent attention to detail and a willingness to ask questions are also critical.
This is a part to full-time (20-37.5 hours/week), internship. A stipend of $750 or $2,000 total is available for interns meeting certain hours requirements during their internship. Time commitment is relatively flexible, ideally intern would begin in September and stay through December. GLAD’s office hours are 9am-5pm with the occasional evening or weekend event.
18 Tremont Street, 9th Floor, Boston, MA 02108
Please send a resume and cover letter to:
Chris Rainville, Manager of Corporate Partnerships and Events