Are you looking for a mission driven organization that believes in people and their ability to achieve their goals and dreams? Do you want to be part of a team that is focused on impact and innovation? If so, look no further than Compass Working Capital (“Compass”).
Compass supports families with low incomes to build assets and financial capabilities as a pathway to greater economic opportunity, and out of poverty. Together we are building a leading, nonprofit financial services organization that promotes economic mobility and financial security for families with low incomes.
About the Role
The Workforce and Career Development Manager is a new role at Compass focused on helping the organization build its capacity to provide employment and career development supports and opportunities for our clients and partners. The manager will develop partnerships, resources, and referrals systems to connect clients with employment and training resources and employment leads. They will develop and deliver workforce development trainings and support Compass’ team of Financial Coaches to build their capacity around career-building. The manager will be a brand ambassador and champion of Compass’ Core Values, including believing in people and working as a team to develop strategic partnerships that advance employment opportunities for our clients and partners.
Some of the specific functions that will be required in this role include but are not limited to: identifying and connecting with community resources, employer referral pipelines, and other career services collaboratives; providing staff training activities and workshops; and data management and reporting. The manager will also work closely with our team of Financial Coaches to identify and address barriers to employment that clients may be facing. This position is designed to work holistically with clients and coaches to identify strengths and problem solve around challenges toward promoting economic mobility.
Community Outreach and Training
- Identify and develop partnerships with One Stop Career centers and other career development collaboratives around New England.
- Conduct outreach to employers to develop on-the-job training and/or direct job placement sites for clients; maintain cooperative relationships with employers, academic and vocational training institutions; identify appropriate job placement/training opportunities for clients; maintain understanding of local job market and opportunities to assist in providing guidance to clients.
- Assist in the creation of career development training materials and resources for clients and partners
- Coordinate and lead career services workshop programming, including outreach, implementation, and evaluation of the workshops.
- Conduct workshops, orientations, or other training and outreach activities for clients.
Capacity Building and Partnership with Financial Coaches
- Serve as a specialist resource for staff on issues related to employment and career planning.
- Support Financial Coaches to integrate and strengthen employment and career-building goal setting into their coaching practices with clients.
- Provide training to Financial Coaches around workforce development and employment opportunities for clients.
- Support coaches in assessing client’s education, work experience, skills, and job interest and matching them to available employment, training, or other opportunities/services.
- Supporting coaches in identifying challenges or barriers that might hinder employability, and assist coaches in identifying services, supports, or referrals to community resources.
Required Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- 5-8 years of work experience; 3-5 years of work experience in related financial coaching and/or workforce and career development field
- Commitment to working with families with low-incomes; prior experience working with families with low-incomes preferred
- Cultural humility; demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse populations to build trusting relationships
- Prior experience with workshop facilitation, as well as curriculum development and delivery
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
This position is based in Boston. No remote applicants. Occasional travel to other Compass offices (Lynn, MA) and other communities in New England may be required as our programs grow and broaden geographically. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter that outlines your interest in this role via this link.
Compass is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to building a culturally diverse staff. We strongly encourage applications from diverse candidates.