Philanthropy MA Members also receive discounts and access to these services, thanks to Philanthropy MA’s membership with United Philanthropy Forum (formerly The Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers). For more information on any of these benefits, contact Philanthropy Massachusetts, 617-426-2606 x112.
- Alliance Magazine - Leading magazine for philanthropy and social investment worldwide providing news and analysis of what’s happening in the sector.
- Bromelkamp Company - 5% discount available for Akoya.net Software for grantmakers
- ClickTime - discount on its time and expense tracking services
- D&O Insurance - The Forum-endorsed D&O program is available to all grantmaking foundations
- Exponent Philanthropy - Resources and Programs available to complement your existing offerings.
- The Foundation Review- 10% subscription discount
- Great American Insurance Group - The Executive Liability Division offers a specialized facility for D&O Liability and management liability coverages, including Fiduciary Liability and Employment Practices Liability, as well as Cyber Liability. Accident & Health products provide coverage for accidental injuries to volunteers and participants that occur while participating in an organization’s sponsored activities and events. Additional access to risk management and loss prevention services is also available through their appointed agencies.
- Guest Membership Program- RA "guest membership" program mutually extends member rates on programs to board members of grantmaking institutions that are members of one regional association but who live in an area served by a different regional association. Contact Alex McCray at Philanthropy MA for more details.
- Guidestar - 20% discount on popular products including GuideStar Premium and Pro, Financial SCAN, GuideStar Nonprofit Compensation Report and GuideStar Charity Check.
- Quovo - A 20% discount is available for a web dashboard that aggregates investment accounts
- ReadyTalk - Low cost audio and web conferencing
- RingCentral - Save 15% on RingCentral’s comprehensive VOIP phone system, webinars, and audio and video conferences that can be managed from any computer or smartphone.
- Stanford Social Innovation Review- Subscription discount for members; free for Philanthropy MA Circle of Champion Members
United Philanthropy Forum is pleased to partner with Alliance magazine to offer Philanthropy MA members a 20% discount on new print and digital subscriptions. Simply enter 'Forum20' at checkout to claim your discount. Since 1998 Alliance magazine has been the leading magazine for philanthropy and social investment worldwide providing news and analysis of what’s happening in the sector. The latest 12 issues of Alliance are behind a paywall and are available only for subscribers, although selected articles are made freely available.
Leading a board, committee or community group is tough work. Keeping team members engaged, informed, and moving in the same direction is a must, but you can't overwhelm their inboxes or burden them with using complicated software. Cureo makes it easier with an affordable and easy-to-use engagement hub designed for nonprofits. Leaders get all the tools they need to organize and manage the work of the group, including discussion boards, file sharing, task management, shared calendars, channels, and others. And because the platform integrates with email, calendars, and your website, team members won’t have to learn new software. Philanthropy Massachusetts Members are eligible for a 25% discount, so you can access this powerful tool for as little as $900/year. Get started in minutes with a 30-day no obligation free trial.
Exponent Philanthropy is a vibrant community of funders, with nearly 2,000 members, and the only philanthropy-serving organization dedicated to serving leanly-staffed foundations, philanthropic families, and individual donors. Since its inception 20+ years ago,
Exponent has built a reputation for putting on high-quality programs and developing useful publications and resources.
Listed below is menu of opportunities for United Philanthropy Forum members to partner with Exponent Philanthropy. Exponent is offering these opportunities exclusively to Forum members, and developed them in consultation with Forum staff. These opportunities are designed to broaden the use and awareness of Exponent’s work in a way that complements existing programming and resources in the field.
Through your Philanthropy Massachusetts' membership, funders who are not yet members of Exponent Philanthropy are eligible for a $100 discount on the first year of an Exponent Philanthropy’s Signature membership (regular rate is $750). You are also eligible to purchase the following Exponent Philanthropy flagship publications at a 20% discount.
Use discount code: MASS20 to take advantage of these offers.
- The Foundation Guidebook - This signature publication is written especially for newcomers to foundations or philanthropy. Gain the baseline knowledge to operate your foundation, including board responsibilities, tax and legal issues, administrative details, investment matters, grantmaking basics, and more.
- The Trustee Handbook - A comprehensive resource for foundation trustees and key staff, you’ll find detailed guidance on foundation governance, grantmaking, tax and legal issues, and financial oversight and investments.
- Foundation Operations and Management Report - Exponent Philanthropy’s flagship report includes more than 60 pages of mission-critical benchmarking data about foundations’ boards & governance, investments, administration, and grantmaking.
Through a special arrangement with Bromelkamp Company, a foundation management software company, we offer our members a 5% discount on Akoya.net grants management software for private/family, public/community or corporate foundations. This fully-integrated solution allows you to manage contacts tracking/CRM, grants and scholarships, as well as fundraising and fund accounting (optional) in a single system. Designed in Microsoft Dynamics, Akoya.net products are user-modifiable and customized to meet your foundation’s needs.
For more information about Bromelkamp Company LLC and its software participate in a 2019 Bromelkamp Company Webinar:
March 20, 2019 - Never Type the Same Thing Twice - Why is software integration essential to your success? From databases to due diligence tools (GuideStar, CRA, etc.) to online banking and payment systems, you probably use an assortment of software solutions to accomplish your day-to-day work. While these technologies are meant to make your job easier, every time you re-type something there’s opportunity for error—not to mention the inefficiency of dual data entry, the need to reconcile systems, and manual aggregation for reporting. Make your life easier by choosing software that works well together. Technology companies tout their ability to integrate with other products or services, but “integration” can mean different things and may not be smooth or painless. Our industry has progressed from importing and exporting to APIs, bridges, and web services. Learn how to take these functions into consideration when creating your technology plan by asking yourself these important questions: What integration features should I look for when considering new solutions? What factors should I consider when deciding to integrate programs or data sources? Do I have fail-safe plans if integration is compromised? Is there ever a time when integration is a bad idea?
June 20, 2019 - I Don’t Need Grants Management Software
Details forthcoming. Please contact Maddie Hallberg for more information.
September 17, 2019 - Can Something Do My Work, So I Can Do My Job? - Do you have those hamster-wheel days where you get things done but can’t seem to get ahead? The right technology can shift effort and energy away from administration… to allow greater focus on your organization’s mission. Look to software to do your work, so you can do your job. Join Bromelkamp Company President Henry A. Bromelkamp to explore ways to leverage the power of your database. Learn how features such as workflows and two-way integration with CRM, MS Outlook, GuideStar, MailChimp, payment systems, and outside data sources can automate routine tasks, so you can spend more time with your stakeholders. If you can think it logically, your technology can do it for you.
December 4, 2019 - 12 CRM Features Every Foundation Needs - CRM is a hot topic in software planning. Whether you call it Customer or Constituent Relationship Management, it has some superpowers you don’t want to miss. Join Bromelkamp Company President Henry A. Bromelkamp to learn about the 12 features every foundation should have in their CRM system; some are certain to surprise you. CRM can do so much more than track transactions. It creates and tracks communication activities using all your devices, enabling you to nurture more relationships better, and can automate many routine tasks to streamline your work so you can concentrate on things that need your mind and heart. CRM is so much more than names and addresses!
The Forum has partnered with ClickTime, a leader in nonprofit timesheets, to offer a 66% discount on its time and expense tracking services to regional associations and your members. Thousands of grantmakers and other nonprofits use ClickTime to increase efficiency, ensure compliance, and better manage programs and grants.
The Forum staff have begun using it and it's been tremendously helpful. The package includes:
- 60+ Pre-Built Reports
- Mobile App
- Complex Billing Rates
- Timesheet Approvals
- Time Off
DIRECTORS & OFFICERS INSURANCE
Directors & Officers liability insurance provides financial protection for a foundation and its directors, officers, employees, and volunteers in the event of a lawsuit. The Forum endorses the D&O liability insurance program provided through Aon Association Services and underwritten by The Hartford.
The Forum-endorsed D&O program is available to all grantmaking foundations as a service to the field. Coverage is available in all states. Brokers can access the Forum’s D&O program through Aon Association Services.
A discount is available to foundations with current membership in a regional associations of grantmakers.
Learn more at: www.insurefoundations.com and contact Jason Tharpe, program administrator at Aon, at 202-429-8561. To obtain the discount, foundations should let Aon know they are a member of a participating regional association.
THE FOUNDATION REVIEW
Quovo provides endowments, foundations, and advisors with an elegant web dashboard that aggregates their investment accounts – across custodians, portfolios, and managers – and generates a suite of tracking and interactive analysis modules on top of the data. This easily configurable, modular Quovo portal empowers staff, CIOs, boards and advisors to get real-time answers to key portfolio questions that once required considerable paperwork and coordination.
Quovo empowers non-profit stakeholders to:
- Get an-at-a-glance view of their allocation across asset classes, institutions, and managers. Find out where your money really is.
- Easily track performance and risk, as well as view “worst-case” and “what if” scenarios.
- Visually assess how well they, or their managers, are tracking to expectations and investing policy statements .
- Check in on how they’re doing, and if investments are going off track versus goals or policies - at any time, for any time period, and all online
Quovo is used by foundations who:
- Are juggling multiple external managers or have assets at multiple institutions/accounts and want to keep tabs on their portfolios
- Want to reduce the effort and overhead of coordinating across multiple managers, accounts, and institutions when it comes to examining and reporting on their investment portfolios
- Are looking to give their advisors an easy access to point to examine and review their whole portfolios (or any part) over time
New Quovo clients who are Philanthropy MA members receive 20% discounted off the first two years of their Quovo subscription. (For a new Quovo client to qualify for the terms of this Partnership, the client must have first heard of Quovo or initiated contact as a direct result of Forum or Philanthropy MA communications promoting Quovo, including but not limited to e-mails or online posting on the Forum or Philanthropy MA website.)
The Forum has teamed up with ReadyTalk to bring you easy-to-use audio and web conferencing at great rates! ReadyTalk brings affordable conferencing services to nonprofit organizations by helping them concentrate on the content of meetings, not the tools. Our goal is to simplify and increase participation regardless of technical savvy, geographic location, or computer type. ReadyTalk is dedicated to the nonprofit community and specializes in the unique challenges facing organizations of all sizes and causes.
An Ideal Conferencing Solution for Forum Members
- Toll-Free, “reservationless” teleconferencing: Calls up to 150 participants can be convened instantly; no need to schedule a time
- Operator Assisted and Broadcast Audio: Fully supported audio conferences when participation tops 150
- Easy web conferencing: Show slides, share documents, or host webinars with no required downloads
- Recording/playback: 1-click recording and the ability to host with ReadyTalk, share recordings via social media channels or embed them on your website for playback
- 24/7 Live Support: Live technical support and training
How can you use it?
- Save time and money by cutting down on travel
- Convene webinars to generate interest in programs and initiatives
- Organize board and chapter meetings
- Recruit new members and volunteers
- Provide orientation and training
- Record advocacy appeals to be sent out in newsletters
- Disseminate information to geographically-dispersed members
- Additional features include desktop annotation, five polling functions, and more. Streaming video will be added later this year.
How much does it cost?
- 4 cents/ minute/ participant for teleconferencing. There are no monthly fees to get this great deal.
- 6 cents/ minute/ participant for web conferencing. The Forum suggests that RAs evaluate unlimited web conferencing options compared to ReadyTalk offers through TechSoup.
- $49/ month for unlimited web meetings with up to 2000 participants at a time. There is no minimum time commitment and you can canel at any time. If you have several webinars a year that may exceed 24 participants, then the Forum recommends this option. If not, consider signing up for ReadyTalk through TechSoup and for teleconferences through the Forum.
Save 15% on RingCentral’s comprehensive VOIP phone system, webinars, and audio and video conferences that can be managed from any computer or smartphone. Connect all your employees and locations on the same phone system and take your business anywhere with free phone and desktop apps.
STANFORD SOCIAL INNOVATION REVIEW
Philanthropy Massachusetts' members are eligible for 25% off a subscription to Stanford Social Innovation Review (SSIR). The discounted rate is $39.95 for a one year print plus digital subscription for U.S. subscribers who subscribe online with credit card.