Community Development Funded
Contributions are made only to qualified, federal tax-exempt 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations, as defined by the Internal Revenue Service Code. Contributions are restricted to nonprofit organizations serving local residents in areas in which the bank has a branch presence. Unless otherwise noted, charitable contributions generally are for program support. Citizens Bank looks for opportunities where our funding can have a clear, measurable impact on the community.
Citizens Bank's primary focus is to support programs that:
- Fight Hunger and reduce food insecurity.
- Teach Money Management through financial literacy programs that provide individuals and businesses with the tools needed to be fiscally healthy.
- Strengthen Communities through economic development, job training, small business development, affordable housing, and neighborhood revitalization.
Priority is given to those projects which:
- Provide direct service to low- or moderate-income populations.
- Are one year in duration.
- Demonstrate a plan for long-term sustainability and potential to be replicated.
- Are focused on addressing a specific unmet need or issue