National Association of Latino Arts and Cultures provides grants that promote excellence in Latino Arts
The National Association of Latino Arts and Cultures (NALAC) is dedicated to the promotion of the Latino arts field in the United States. The NALAC Fund for the Arts provides a variety of grants to assist Latino artists and arts organizations in the development, creation, presentation, and sustainability of artistic excellence, as well as the opportunity to participate in activities that contribute to professional and organizational growth. The Fund is open to U.S.-based Latino working artists, ensembles, and Latino arts organizations that demonstrate artistic excellence in pursuit of social justice through the arts. The application deadline is September 25, 2019. Visit the NALAC website to review the guidelines for each type of grant offered by the Fund for the Arts.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
U.S. or Puerto Rico-based organizations whose primary mission is focused on Latinx arts and culture. Applicant organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Must have a mission that is explicitly focused on Latino art and culture.
- Must be based in the United States or Puerto Rico.
- Must have an Executive or Artistic Director who is Latinx and/or a Board of Directors that is comprised of at least 51% Latinx individuals.
- Must have 501(c)(3) nonprofit status or have a fiscal sponsor with a 501(c)(3) status.
- Must have at least one full year of programming history.
- Must have organizational membership with NALAC (visit www.nalactienda.org to complete your membership).
- Must not have received funding from the NFA during the 13th grant cycle (2018 – 2019 funding year).
- Must have submitted all Final Reports for any previously awarded NFA grants.
What does the NALAC Fund for the Arts Support?
Funding can be used to support project related expenses or general operating support. The number and amounts of awards are contingent on availability of funds.
Proposed activities must take place between January 1, 2020 and January 1, 2021. Award notifications will be made in January 2020.