RFP Invites Applications for Census Outreach
Non-profit organizations that have a proven track record of working in Massachusetts are eligible to apply for a grant. We will accept proposals that include all of these key aspects:
- Plans to organize specific geographic areas or demographic communities in Massachusetts at high risk for undercounting in the 2020 Census.
- Efforts to launch public education campaigns, grassroots outreach, media and multi-linguistic communications, trainings, special events, community organizing and/or mobilizing about the 2020 Census.
- Clear and measurable objectives to address a possible undercount in our Commonwealth.
Grant sizes will range from $5,000 to $15,000 depending on requests. If you would like to submit a proposal for a smaller or larger amount, please contact Katie Campbell Simons for approval.
Grantees must commit to:
- Maintain detailed records of activities and participate in conversations with evaluation consultant.
- Grant funds being utilized between January 2020 and June 2020.
- Be willing to “open source” all materials developed with other grantees.
- Provide periodic check in reports and a final grant report to MCEF in July 2020.
The grant application can be found at: https://www.philanthropyma.org/form/massachusetts-census-equity-fund-fall-2020-rfp
Katie Campbell Simons, Project Consultant
Alexie Torres, Chair