Youth Vision and Activism for Gender Justice Funded
Third Wave Fund's Mobilize Power Fund is a rapid response fund that supports the leadership of young women of color, trans, gender non-conforming, queer and intersex youth under 35 in social movements. Organizations do not need a tax-exempt status or a fiscal sponsor to receive funding. Third Wave Fund strongly encourages grassroots organizations, groups, and collectives led by and for young people of color and low-income communities to apply.
- Proposals must be submitted by midnight (in your time zone) of the deadline date to be considered.
- Groups are notified within two weeks after the review date. Checks are generally mailed within two to three weeks of notification. We may be able to process requests faster for emergencies.
- Grants can be made for up to $7,500 USD. Larger grants may be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Coalitions or joint proposals can request up to $7,500 per group. For example, if a joint application is submitted by two organizations, you can request up to $15,000. The maximum amount a coalition or joint application can request is $15,000 for a partnership of three or more groups.
- Groups may not be granted more than once within a 6 month period. Groups applying more than once within the year will be considered upon discretion. Grantees who have not completed their follow-up reporting are ineligible for funding until completion
Criteria for Organizations
- Reproductive & Gender Justice Focus is Clear: Your political analysis and project specifically address patriarchy, transphobia, homophobia, gender inequity, or gender-based violence. Gender Justice activism includes racial justice, economic justice, immigration justice, reproductive justice, health & HIV/AIDS justice, trans/intersex/queer justice, disability justice, healing justice, anti-violence and/or anti-criminalization work.
- Community Leadership & Accountability: Campaigns, efforts, or organizations are led by the communities they serve and are responsive and accountable to those communities.
- Timely, Urgent, & Strategic: The event or situation your responding to was unanticipated and requires urgent or timely action that is well thought out with clear goals and desired outcomes.
- Young Women/Trans/GNC/Intersex-Led: Young women of color, trans, queer, gender non-conforming, and/or intersex activists under 35 are a core part of the decision making process.
- Organizational Need: We will prioritize organizations with budgets under $500,000 and that are based in areas with limited access to philanthropic resources.